Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ontario Liberals Out Of Touch

Wow... just read the following column in the Sun by Christine Blizzard: http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnists/christina_blizzard/2011/03/08/17543351.html

Apparently, according to Mr. Murray, if you live in the sticks, like myself, you are a "right wing reactionary homophobe".  He certainly has a lot of gall.  I'm quite frankly offended by this comment.  When that new sex-ed curriculum came out, its was clearly not age appropriate.  Being a teacher I read it and it didn't make sense.  Some of the topics to be covered with younger students were just too complicated and in my humble opinion too high above even the brightest of pupils.  One of the few decent things Premier McGuinty did was the rethink that idea and shelved it.

Mr. Murray, please, for your own sake think before you speak in public.  Your government has already burned plenty of bridges with the electorate... but if you want to find new work after October 6, please continue.  I think a large number of previous Liberal voters will be looking to other alternatives in the next election.

I have written an email to Mr. Murray as well... I'm interested to see what the response may be.

No comments: